Lori Ciccarelli Stotko, MPS, is the Founder of and Spiritual Director for Transforming Lives Advocacy. She holds a Master’s degree in Leadership with a concentration in Developing Human Capacity in Organizations graduated summa cum laude from the University of Denver, (capstone thesis – “Quiet Hospitals Reduce Patient Recovery Time”) and certification in Spiritual Direction, Formation and Leadership from the Leadership Institute in Orange, CA. Lori continued her education in Pastoral Crisis Intervention from the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation and Grief Recovery from the Spiritual Care Association for hospital chaplains. Lori earned her undergraduate degree in Communications Media with a concentration in Journalism / Public Relations / Broadcasting & a minor in Sociology from Walla Walla University, and continued her education in Cal Poly’s teacher credentialing program in which she taught at the elementary level for over 10 years. She has been a public presenter and educator for over 35 years.
Lori is also currently employed as the Patient Experience Manager and Spiritual Care Chaplain specializing in spiritual care-giving and grief recovery for Mammoth Hospital, which includes facilitating the hospital’s Cancer Support and Grief Support groups. She created the Spiritual Care (2013) and End-of-Life programs and serves as the lead Spiritual Care Chaplain. Lori has been employed with Mammoth Hospital since 1998 serving in additional roles such as Spokesperson and Community Relations Director; Leadership Development Institute Chair overseeing the hospital’s leadership training; instructor and coach for the Emerging Leader Program teaching the foundational leadership classes; and coordinator and emcee for the popular TV reality show and fund-raising gala Dancing with the Docs.
Lori earned Mammoth Hospital’s prestigious Excellence in Management Award 2010 – 2014; and honored as Walla Walla University’s Alumni of the Year 2011 recognized for community, church, and professional service. In 2008, she released a documentary film on her son “JJ’s Journey, A Journey about Autism” showcased around the world as the official selection for several international film festivals, and nominated for the Autism Society of America Media Excellence Award 2009. The film has been featured on NBC and touted by Oprah’s Angel Network as “Ambassadors of Hope.” In honor of the 10-year anniversary release of the film, Lori in partnership with her son as the illustrator, published Myself, My Responsibility – tools to self advocate in 2018, a workbook sharing their 4-step process to self-advocate effectively (video book reveal.)
Lori held an appointed seat on the Board of Directors, California State Council on Developmental Disabilities from 2011 – 2015. To learn more about their journey visit www.autismjourney.net
Lori is a conference speaker, retreat facilitator and published writer. She presents sermons, creates workshops / classes & retreats, and writes on topics of advocacy, leadership & character development, mission / values integration, customer service, spiritual renewal, transformative ministry and servant leadership development, clergy care and soul care.
- Keynote speaker Loma Linda University Medical Center Oasis Conference 2013 “Developing Emotional & Spiritual Intelligence.”
- Keynote speaker for Cerro Coso Community College LVN Graduation 2014
- Featured speaker for USFS / BLM GROW Conference 2018 “Becoming Conscious of Unconscious Bias through Emotional Intelligence.”
- Sermon presentations on “The Age of Loneliness; the Value of Community Outreach Ministries” and “God’s Transformative Gifts of Grace out of Circumstances” – First Presbyterian Church Bishop, CA 2017.
- Keynote presenter, facilitator and instructor for Presbyterian Community Church Eastern Sierra Women’s 2-day Retreat 2017 – “Purposing our God-given Passion for His Kingdom.”
- Keynote speaker for San Gabriel Academy Alumni Weekend 2017 – “God’s Ripple Effect; Connecting our Past to our Future.”
- Keynote speaker for Church on the Mountain Women’s Tea 2017 – “High Tea in High Places; A Kingdom Perspective,.
- Sermon presentation on “The Age of Loneliness; the importance of community outreach ministry” – Lee Vining Presbyterian Church 2017,.
- Featured presenter for Autism Conferences of America 2010.
- Panel expert for San Diego University 2011.
Lori has hosted spiritual renewal retreats focused on reflection, restoration and renewal since January 2013 which include Pastoral & Clergy Care retreats. As a certified Spiritual Director, Lori helps others see God in their landscape by accompanying them on their spiritual journey. Her ministry is a healing ministry of transformation from the head (beliefs) to the heart (relationship) to the hands (purpose) by enhancing relationship with God through Christian faith formation development. She also teaches transformative leadership workshops focused on “Developing Emotional & Spiritual Intelligence,” and “Becoming Conscious of Unconscious Bias through Emotional Intelligence.” For more information, contact Lori at email@example.com